Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Friday, February 24, 2017

Last Week......

...was very odd.  While I was peeering excitedly at the spring flowers emerging in my garden and conservatory and thinking about future planting I was also thinking about attending the Thame Dollshouse and Miniature Fair for the first time in a 'helping' capacity rather than as a standholder.....

KT Miniatures with Celia Thomas (the boss) was in my old spot - odd for her - but quite normal for me except of course that delightful vintage and antique miniatures  had been arranged on  'my' table and looked fantastic. Slightly strange, but we're old mates and she's trained me well over the years so apparently I didn't disgrace myself!!

I dithered like mad but finally succumbed to this exquisite old French clock - yes I know there's some damage, but I love it  and grabbed it quickly from her stall before someone could beat me to it.


Celia's stand was next to Teeny Tiny Teddies- so that was both of us drooling..............yes of course I bought another exquisite 'vintage' teddy.


The charity stall which raises funds for Breast Cancer Now yielded a couple of lovely jugs - always useful.
 We all had a bit of a shock to learn that Felicity and Ron Holland who had taken on the fair from Celia and Dave, who had established it at the Leisure Centre in 2007,  had decided to call it a day.  Shock horror - it's a much loved fair - the whole ethos being to showcase artisan miniaturists while a strong charity fundraisng link for Breast Cancer Now has been maintained throughout the years. Everyone involved over the years and the many loyal customers and visitors hope that new organisers will come forward so that the fair continues and that Felicity and Ron enjoy their retirement.

And now for my spring flowers, and time to think about a new miniature project. 
Bilbergia Nutans - such a super and striking flower - in the conservatory
The Hellebores are all coming out now
This one is growing in a crack at the bottom of the wall

Miniature Iris and snowdrops - exquisite
Tiny bright cyclamen
Thank you for looking
Robin

3 comments:

KT Miniatures said...

Cheers for your help matey....we did have a few laughs didn't we! The little clock, even though its missing the statue off the top, does look rather striking. Seeing the photos of your flowers are so cheery...I have very little colour in my garden at the moment. Celia

Radka said...

Lovely post :-) I also have Bilbergia, it is a shame the flowers don't last very long :-(
xx

Robin said...

It was a fun day Celia and I love my clock!

Thanks for popping in Radka - I love your snowdrop blog!!

Rx