Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What A Lovely Day!

Even the weather was kind on Saturday - chilly but dry. A feature of the Thame Dolls House and Miniature Fair is the friendly atmosphere and it was lovely to welcome old and new friends and have a little time to chat every now and again.  The charity stall in aid of Breast Cancer Now was ably managed by Market Town Miniatures our local club who also put on a superb display of their work.

Thank you to the many old friends who came by to say hello and to new friends who popped by to make themselves known - that was super and much appreciated. Lovely to see you all.

As I mentioned in the previous Blog, we have decided to stop making all furniture which is sad but inevitable I'm afraid as hands get less supple and eyes less sharp, so all items were reduced and many sold.
Once I've managed to sort myself and the stock out I'll make arrangements to list with revised prices on here first.  Should you have a noticed a specific item already - 1/24th or 1/48th - feel free to contact me anyway for availability and new price.

The one big drawback to being a standholder at a prestigious artisan fair is that there is so little time to look round at the amazing work on colleagues' stands - let alone make purchases......we never manage to see everything we'd like to I'm afraid. I'll just have to go to Kensington if I can......


However Teeny Weeny Teddies was really, really near to me - irresistible - so I did succumb to a bueautiful tiny silk bear.  I think all Dave's work is just perfect!  Someone else's work that is quite exquisite is Jan Southerton's - The Flower Lady. Her spring flowers were so sweet  - I added these beautiful 1/12th narcissus to my collection.  I also bought a dainty glass jug in 1/24th scale with with gorgeous yellow daffodils.

So - that's it for another year.  I'm sure many of you will be relieved if I get 'back to normal' on this Blog now.

Thanks to Felicity and Ron who organized the fair -  the amount raised for Breast Cancer Now has been announced  - a wonderful £3,142.04. Thank you all!

Thanks for looking
Robin

No comments: