Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

In Praise of the Ironing Board.......

It's not often you'll find a blog just about an ironing board.........

If you read regularly you'll know I ramble on and fit in as much as possible, so this is a bit of a first!!

My other half emerged from the shed (sorry, workshop) where he was supposed to be making 1/24th wheelbarrows, with an ironing board in his hand. I already think his 1/24th ironing boards are great and to judge by the number we sell, so do other people - so when he opened his hand and showed me the 1/48th version I was speechless!

Here it is - I think it's lovely - it even folds down. At present we just have three...I shall be very nice and we may have more....



A warm welcome to my most recent Followers - I see I've just passed the magic number so I'll have a think about a Giveaway in a few days, when I've recovered and cleared up after the fair on Bank Holiday Monday, and can put thoughts together in coherent order!!


Thank you for looking
Robin

11 comments:

Sandra Morris said...

Mini ironing is the only kind I do these days!

These are really lovely. Hope they fly off your stand on Monday, along with everything else...

Sx

KT Miniatures said...

Clever Mr Coombe Crafts - the ironing board is lovely and so mind boggling weeny! Congrats on your 101 followers too. Celia

Christine said...

Amazing!!! So much detail in something so tiny. What a clever pair you are. :D

Congratulations on your follower milestone too. :)

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Now that's insanely cute!

Drora's minimundo said...

Wow, I love it! The 1/48" scale is becoming very popular now. It will be a great success.

Robin said...

Thank you all very much indeed. I've passed on the compliments to the other half, who's quietly chuffed! I've asked him nicely to make more - I have hopes....
Rx

Rosamargarita said...

Son simplemente adorables.
Un abrazo

Dave Williams said...

Very clever, don't know how you work so small, especially as it folds down.
Dave

Janine Crocker said...

Amazing!! Your 1/48 is all fab but the ironing board really is clever. If only the ironing pile was that size too... :(

Unknown said...

I don't know how he does it! Fabulous Robin, good luck at Thame

Robin said...

I don't know how he does it either...we enjoyed the fair today...now into wind-down! Thanks folks.
Rx