Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

V.E. Day and Those Who Continue to Protect Us Today

This week we are marking Victory in Europe 75 years ago and the courage of those who defended us, while remembering the ones who did not come home and those who were still in the conflict in the Far East.  So as we remember them and the civilian services at home and the many in the community, it can't help but remind us of those many thousands of people across the globe defending us again in this awful global pandemic.


Over the years, most often for specific commissions, I have created a lot of World War 2 characters.
I have loved making them all.  So I thought I'd share some with you - not all the pictures are great but I do hope you'll enjoy seeing them  as we pay tribute to those who did their best to keep the rest of us safe.









Thank you for looking - stay stafe.
Robin x

7 comments:

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Un homenaje bien merecido y sus personajes están geniales, buen día:-)

Ilona said...

Hi Robin! This blog post is a fantastic tribute to all of the people who faught during WWII (and WWI) for our freedom.
We always have our Rememberance Day at the 4th of May in the evening, for all of them who have died for our freedom, one day later followed by Liberation Day on the 5th of May. This year, the 75th anniversary of liberation, should have been celebrated with great festivities for the 5th of May, but due to the corona pandemic everything was cancelled, of course. Now we are in the midst of this crisis we learn that our freedom even can be treasured in more than one way...
One question: Is it possible that I do remember me some of these dolls/characters? I think I've seen them on your blog a few years ago? They are all fantastic work and I think it's a pity that you don't make dolls anymore. Each of them has its own character, clothing/uniform and looks.
I wish you a lovely evening, stay healthy and take care, Robin.
Hugs, Ilona
PS Thank you so much for your excellent advice to used cling foil on the hat mold, how silly that I haven't thought about this before ;).

Robin said...

Thank you so much Rosa for your lovely comment. It was appreciated so much.
Rx

Ilona I felt quite emotional reading your comment - what a dreadful time your country went through. Many of us will have family members who made individual sacrifices or suffered at that time. Yes of course you've seen many of the characters over the years on my blogs but I just wanted to bring them all together one last time, while they are still with us. Lest we forget.

In many ways I do miss making the dolls - but after so many years I just felt I'd 'run out of steam' and decided it was better to stop while I was happy and not go on just for the sake of it.
Take care
Robin x

Drora's minimundo said...

Wonderful characters, dear Robin.
I had an uncle, a British WW2 soldier, who served for a short time in Israel. In that short time, he married my aunt. When the war ended he took my aunt away to live in England. They often came to visit and the character in your first photo reminds me of my adored uncle George, may he rest in peace.
Take care, Keep well!
Hugs, Drora

Robin said...

Thank you so much Drora - I'm so glad my character reminded you of your much loved uncle. I know things are especially hard for you and your family at this time - stay strong.
Take care
Robin x

KT Miniatures said...

Lovely to see so many of your old characters again Robin. Celia X

colleybird said...

Your dolls are amazing. You made me some 1/24th dolls around 12 years ago. I love them.