Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Friday, May 29, 2020

There's A Fairy At The Bottom Of My Garden

Yes there is...there really is and she's overlooking our vegetable patch, so I hope she'll see off the greenfly and the squirrels!

For many, many years a little old white fairy has been keeping an eye on things but as we all know, it gets a bit harder as we get older..............



I've recently had a birthday and clearly someone in the family decided the white fairy needed a little help.  So here she is, sitting happily in the ancient willow just keeping an eye on things and waving her magic wand over the shrubs bursting into bloom.



My youngest granddaughters don't need much of a nudge to get creative. I'd sent a few little tiny cut out paper houses to construct, which they enjoyed - but Hey! - anything Granny can do, we can do better! And didn't they just! So proud of them.


As I said, the little fairy waved her magic wand and the garden is bursting into bloom again.  I was all set to include a pic. of my glorious Wisteria but a late frost put paid to that and badly singed the grapevine and the fig tree.....they'll all survive but only a few figs this year...pity.


Variegated Ceanothus
Red Hawthorn
Broom
Weigelia
Rosa Albertine


Thank you for looking.
Robin x

5 comments:

Ilona said...

Your floral fairy looks lovely, Robin, she now got a more nice place for overseeing your garden, in order to see better of how she can offer you a helping hand. Let's say that it was her magical birthday gift to you, what a lovely idea! I'm so glad that you can enjoy your garden in full bloom, it's a treat to see all of this blooming beauty of Mother Nature, isn't it? For me the pictures of your garden are a treat, I love your roses most, it's a gorgeous specie, unknown to me. Do they smell too??
Oh, how I would have loved it if I had you as my grandmommy in my childhood. A grandmom, who sent her granddaughters so much fun for crafting. I love to see the tiny houses they created, Robin, they look lovely. You can be so proud of them, being their lucky grandma!
Stay safe, take care, dear Robin!
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Ilona
PS in answer on your latest comment: NO, I am surely not a wizzard, hehehe, but what a lovely compliment, thank you, Robin!

PILAR6373 said...

Tu pequeña hada blanca está obrando maravillas en tu jardín! Es precioso poder disfrutar de tantas hermosas flores que la primavera hace florecer!
Tus nietas,desde luego han disfrutado con la construcción de esas preciosas casas,es para sentirse orgullosa!!!
Disfruta del fin de semana Robin!
Besos.

Drora's minimundo said...

Your lovely fairy worked magic and your garden is blossoming with gorgeous flowers.
What a joy to have granddaughters following your hobby.
Keep safe and well!
Hugs, Drora

elizabeth s said...

"Two's company'"as they say, so I'm glad that your garden fairies now have each other to look out for along with overseeing the flowers. And given the obvious Abundance in your garden, it's definitely a 2-fairy job! :D

Robin said...

Thanks to you all - I'm glad you enjoyed my fairy blog.....I think we've all got fairies at the bottom of our gardens, don't you? Flowers and plants, beautiful miniatures...they all spread a little happiness. We just need to believe!
Yes 'Albertine' smells lovely. She's an old rambler rose, so only blooms once but is worth it.
Take care everyone
Robin xx