Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

She's a Sensible Lady.........

I've just completed this sensible lady......I wonder who she'll be?


Do you ever wonder who your latest creation/commission is going to be?
This 1/12th scale character is now in the post on the way to her new home - and I wonder, with her smart suit, plain jumper, discreet brooch and sensible shoes, whether she's destined to be a member of the WI or a Magistrate in a small town, or perhaps just in her best outfit for a trip to the shops??
I love the creative process, that's why I make miniatures; then I hand them on for someone else to create their own story.

It would have been better to take time, and not stick her on the sofa quickly, with a sheet of A4 behind her, to take this pic.......but the reason for posting is mostly to welcome new followers, and thank them for their interest in this blog.

So a warm welcome to Nuria
and Beatrice
and Sylvia
and Julie - who many of you know as Cottage Kitty

The next 1/12th lady on the work-bench is an altogether more comfy lady - everyone's Gran - I promise to take a better picture, when I show her to you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Definately a WI member Robin, she's lovely

Mags Cassidy said...

Love her....Miss Marple's sister!!

KT Miniatures said...

OMG...she reminds me of my first infant teacher ......Mrs Osler-fabulous!!!!!! Celia

Eileen Sedgwick said...

LOL Miss marple's sister!
She's lovely Robin...someone's getting a little treasure :0)

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado muy real, me encanta.
Podria ser la profera que tuve hace muchos aƱosssssssss.
besitos ascension

Robin said...

Well I see no reason why Miss Marple's sister couldn't be a teacher and a member of W.I!! Lol.
Thanks for all your comments - it really adds to the blog!!
The comfy Gran is made - but hasn't had her photo taken yet - wonder who she'll look like??
Rx