Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

It Is A Well Known Fact.......

...that I am easily distracted....this afternoon I could be doing the ironing, but writing a blog is more fun!
I should be engaging in secretive conversations about Christmas presents, but wandered off up the garden...although I have made a start....


On Saturday a friend and I headed for a delightful day at the Kensington Dolls House Fair - can you believe it was the 50th!! So many amazing artisans, and with wonderful artists from Europe and further afield exhibiting as well.
Of course I purchased small glassware treats from Phil Grenyer (forgot to take a picture) but one of the biggest treats for me was seeing old friend Sarah Heaseman's stand - exhibiting outside Cornwall for the first time.  Her evocative Cornish seaside and countryside cottages and accessories are exquisite and realistic and I hope very much that we shall see her in London again.  Sarah doesn't have a website but pics. of her work are on the KDF website.

It has been a very rainy and chilly week, but finally I had to make a trip to the top of the garden and the compost bin - and what lovely distractions on the way!
Glorious luminous yellow Winter Flowering Jasmine is scrambling up the shaky suppost while the fabulous pink Viburnum reaches for the sky and scents the path - and really can you beat the dear little violas in an old terracotta pot?



Two or three years ago I started what has obviously now become a tradition to create a mini 'Christmas make project' for my youngest granddaughters - so that is my most immediate distraction.  I've decided on igloos at the N. Pole....and that's as far as I've got.  I'll let you know!

Thank you for looking
Robin

3 comments:

Ilona said...

Hi Robin! How nice that you visited the KDF and you have enjoyed yourself so much. I hope that I ever can visit this Festival one day, it must be a treat to be there with so many outstanding miniaturists and their works of art.
Your winter garden plants must be a treat in this dark and cold season, they are a feast for the eyes, not to forget their scent ;)!
What a lovely this distraction, creating a mini 'Christmas make project' for my youngest granddaughters. Igloos on The North Pole...? Maybe with polar bears, Santa and his wife and rendeer and and and.......oh, how I wish I was there with you, enjoy!
Hugs, Ilona

elizabeth s said...

After having patiently waited out the rains, it must have felt like a Great Reward to get to experience the sight and smell of the winter jasmine and see the lacy looking viburnum and violas in action! :D
The only drawback is that they are at a distance from your garden door so you don't get to enjoy them without a trek to the back of your little paradise, but oh how lovely they are to see and how welcomed especially at this time of year! :D

Robin said...

It would be wonderful to see you exhibiting at KDF Illona - is there a chance to do think? It's great show - so inspiring.
Igloos are done - Santa (no wife) - and some N.Pole Mountains...we're on the way!

Cunningly the old pots with the viola are just outside the back door -
so if the weather is dreadful there is always a cheerful sight to greet us.
Rxx