Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Treasures from Miniatura

Visiting a Dolls House and Miniatures Fair is always exciting isn't?  It's the thought of the as yet unseen treaures and the inspiration provided by exceptional artists ....and a little retail therapy is always fun!

Miniatura at Birmingham NEC a couple of weekends ago did all of the above.  In the last blog I featured the lovely Begonia Rex plant created by Jan Southerton, The Flower Lady and now I'll show you the other little treasures I purchased.  All the items are 1/12th scale.

Karen Cunningham's stand was a feast and it was difficult to choose just a few toys I suddenly decided I needed for for a project that has been only an idea up to now...... the little vehicles are by Klaas Schultz.


I actually went to the show with only two small purchases planned - some shelf  brackets for the greenhouse and a beautiful stoneware bottle from Elisabeth Causeret I'd seen at KDF but stupidly didn't buy. I was SO pleased to see her there and chose a splendid lidded cook pot to go with the bottle which has a wonderful textured glaze just like the full size version in my home. Both will be for an aged old dresser when I get around to it.



Victoria Fasken's work enchants me every time I see it and I'm completely blown away by her exquisite and delicate painting.
The decorated 'china' looks completely authentic, the detail she achieves is unsurpassed - the longer we looked and chatted the more I was drawn to this perfect little bowl - no I don't need it. But I just have to have it!!!
 

It's the unexpected treasure or the light bulb moment inspired by the artistry of top miniaturists that makes such shows special and hopefully encourages new miniature makers to be the very best they can and not settle for O.K.

Thank you for looking
Robin

3 comments:

elizabeth s said...

YOur show treasures are Beautiful Robin, Especially the pottery.
I had a couple of my friends who were able to attended the last SIMP show. They gifted me a couple of Elizabeth Causeret precious pieces, so now I know why her work is so sought after by you and other collectors- they' (as with your lidded casserole and bottle) are miniature FINE ART! :D

elizabeth

Robin said...

Fine Art - a perfect description of Elisabeth Causeret's beautiful pottery!
Rx

Ilona said...

Real beautiful purchases, Robin, these miniatures are true treasures, enjoy it all.
I see that you're also a big fan of the pottery made by Elisabeth Causeret, it's, just as Elizabeth says, fine art, I fully agree! I've missed her here on the show in The Netherlands, I so hope she will be coming back...
Hugs, Ilona