Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

This Time Some Miniatures

I've had a very funny working week in which I've moved from changing a 1/24th lady's hair style, to titivating 1/48th cottages and working on a large field (no, don't ask....) then again I've had to do sensible 'paperwork' which is always a bit of a challenge!

In the back of my mind is the fact that the totally wonderful Thame Dolls House and Miniature Fair is (it feels like) just around the corner.......big plug coming up! If you can make it, you'll love it!!


If someone is in need of a nurse with red hair, and the one you have has grey curls. what can you do?  Answer: remove hat, get curly with some red hair and change it!!


This exercise was also a reminder that DOLL STOCK IN ALL SCALES IS LOW...and the Thame Fair is 'just around the corner'. Am officially in panic mode now.

Back in late summer when I was confidently 'thinking ahead' I started to build a 1/48th single story shop and a quirky cottage to be set deep in the countryside........in odd moments since then I've been finishing them, with a major push after Christmas.  These must be the longest-build tiny dwellings ever. However they are now finished and will be on sale first at, you guessed it, The Thame Fair.

I'll show you the cottage next time, but here's the little shop. I really wanted a change of colour so decided on a soft lavender/mauve for the paintwork and to 'promote' the lavender idea, have a pot of lavender at the door and call it... 'Miss Lavender's.......'


This is where I've hit a snag!!! Hopefully someone will want to give it a new home and may want an Emporium or a Dress Shop, or a Flower Shop or a Corner Shop or a Tea Shop.......all would work beautifully so I'll just leave it I think and not give it a sign over the door this time.

We were just trying out a couple of toys in the window when took this picture
Celia and I have been overwhelmed with the interest in our new Nostalgia in Miniature Workshop, The Little Vintage Toyshop - so have arranged not one, but two workshops in June on 13th and 20th.  All those on the Reserve List have been contacted and most have replied so both workshops are close to being full. Booking will be live on the website on January 19th for any spare places, and should by chance there be further demand we are able to consider a third workshop on 19th September -  we would need to know fairly quickly if you might be interested, but can I emphasise there would be no commitment at this early stage. Just get in touch with either of us to let us know.

Thank you for looking
Robin x

5 comments:

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Suerte en la fe feria de Thame, seguro que tu trabajo y talleres serán un éxito. Feliz año nuevo:-)

PILAR6373 said...

Mucha suerte en la feria!!!!
Besos.

Robin said...

Thank you both so much!
Rx

Ilona said...

Okay, now I know for certain that blogspot is fooling with me: now I see another blogpost of a blog I follow (yours) was NOT on my readers list, grrrrr :(!!
Sorry Robin, but nowadays blogspot makes it again not easy at all for me to follow blogs at the moment....
Both, your 1/48th single story shop and a quirky cottage on the countryside are wonderful buidings. I hope that the fair was a success?
Hugs, Ilona

Robin said...

Oh dear - Blogspot does have it's moments Ilona!
The Fair isn't until 21st February - I'll be sure and tell how we get on.
Rx