Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Little Gardening...A Little Washing....

This Sunday we are back in the Workshop in Thame for a last reprise of earlier workshops for those who missed them first time around - I'm sure the Girl Guide H.Q. here in Thame, which is our venue, will again be full of enthusiasm and fun!

So I've been back making a few more items for miniature gardens, which will go on sale first this weekend. Just for a change I've been making a few more little birds - blue tits and robins in both 1/12th and 1/24th scales - to perch on the dilapidated watering cans and old plant pots I've made.


These are in 1/12th scale

I couldn't resist potting up a few 1/24th pansies made from Georgina Steeds' amazing kits - we use them in our workshop projects and they always look beautiful. Apologies for the less than perfect pictures

1/24th scale

This week Celia and I have put the finishing touches to the 1/12th 'Little Old Washing Line' project - our Christmas Special Workshop - this has been such fun! I'm in charge of Santa's washing (he wears red longjohns you know), and Celia the old pebbled-dashed coal bunker and concrete posts for the old clothes line itself. These give the whole scene a nostalgic pre-war look I think! We shall have some snow too, so if someone would like a really Christmassy scene that will be even more fun!



You can see more pictures on our blog and website - which is where you'll find details if you'd like to take up a place - but it's almost full so you need to be quick.

First frost of the season this week - I might have to dig out some real size longjohns!!

Thanks for Looking.
Robin

9 comments:

KT Miniatures said...

Love the birds Robin. Is that Brian the blue tits's little brother? Looking forward to seeing your new creations "in the flesh" on Sunday! Celia

Drora's minimundo said...

I love everything in the wash line scene. The little birds are very cute.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Love the washing line Robin , have fun at your workshop. x

Robin said...

Thank you all - yes this one's Boris, Celia!
Rx

Ascension said...

Que maravillosos trabajos, me encantan esos pajaritos.
besitos ascension

Fabiola said...

I like this scene. The little birds are fantastic.
Bye Faby

Dave Williams said...

Love it all, especially the washing line and watering can. Glad to see Brian is still about.
Dave

Robin said...

Thanks Ascension, Fabiola and Dave for your kind comments - the birds were popular at our workshop on Sunday, which was a lovely day. I need to make some more!
Rx

Jean Tuthill said...

I love the little birds and the displays that you put them on. It's all so lifelike and well done! I like the Santas clothes line, too. So cute! Such good ideas!