Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Spring Is On The Way!

At last I feel that Spring is coming - the garden, emerging from its frozen weeks, is waking up at last and it's a delight to walk up there each morning and see what else is flowering.  It has even been possible to start a little proper gardening again - although it remains very soggy.

The miniature iris (Katherine's Gold) are just lovely as are the purple Reticulata just beginning to emerge in another pan, alongside is a pot of tiny hoop daffodils which I've planted in with Ophiopogon (Black Lily Grass) which still looks good with tiny purple flowers and then black berries, when the daffodils die back.



In the wild patch snowdrops are finally flowering and more primroses are out.  The little 'wild' crocus are spreading all over the garden which is wonderful. Some plants are naturally promiscuous, seed and spread like mad  - miniature cyclamen are another also hellebores which, when they eventually flower are full of surprises as the colours and markings vary so much.



When I retired from full-time making miniatures I finally found time to create a few projects for myself that first spring, inspired by the primroses, I created 'Alice Down the Rabbit Hole' and it is still a favourite.  The idea had been in my head for years and when Sandra Morris of Towerhouse Dolls created 'Alice' it was just a question of 'when'.  I found the perfect plastic rabbit, which afer several coats of paint, some clothes, spectacles and watch became my White Rabbit.



The Primroses, ferns and ivy are all made from paper and of course I'd lots of bits and pieces to make the bank and hole.


I hope you'll enjoy seeing it again - or perhaps for the first time.  After a lifetime of creating and making I confess my mojo has waned somewhat and my passion for gardening, which had had to take a back seat, is my current obsession.....there again, the ideas don't just go...and I do stll have lots of bits and pieces.....but not much shelf space left.

Stay safe, and thank you for looking.
Robin
 







4 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Both Alice and the Rabbit are adorable. I love the scene. Your garden is always a welcome sight. No wonder you devote time to work in it. Nothing can compete with nature. Don't worry, there will be time for your mojo to come back.
Hugs, Drora

Ilona said...

What an adorable mini scene, Robin, so lovely to see.
As always I admire your RL garden, thank you for sharing. I also understand that making miniatures has come to a halt, for ahwile, but you'll see: your mojo will return ;).
Stay safem take care, dear Robin.
Hugs, Ilona

PILAR6373 said...

Alice y el conejo blanco serán felices en el nuevo escenario que estás creando, se ve maravilloso con las flores de primavera!
Besos.

Shannon Mackle said...

Win Ex lover back in 48 hours, My Ex has reconciled with me.. I used his herbal remedy to cure herpes Thank you very much R.buckler11 (@) gmail...com...........