Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Friday, December 1, 2017

The Little Greenhouse Is Finished

Now that all the plants have been shoehorned in and fixed down I can call the little greenhouse complete.

I had intended to permanently fix the structure to the back wall - I've changed my mind on that idea so that it can easily be removed to see the detail of the plants on the shelves.  I've just got to sort out the fixing, but at least for now a couple of pieces of velcro at the apex of the roof work just fine.

Click on the pics. for bigger versions.


It was a bit of a problem squeezing in the main plants and a few pots etc. so that it looked 'lived in'. Not much room to waggle as my aunt would say......


Finally I got some in from the front, and some in from the back.


Anyway, they're in.

This is just a reminder of the back wall - then everything in place.


Finished. It's approx. 9" high, 6" wide and 4" deep.


Thank you for looking
Robin

8 comments:

elizabeth s said...

I don't know how you managed to accommodate all of the plants you made, and have them fit so well in such a shallow space but you have- and you have done it Beautifully, too!
Your plants, the wall the structure all look like they have been together for Years and Years- a Very Happy marriage of your talents for miniatures with your obvious love of gardening.
Well Done Robin! :D

elizabeth

Ilona said...

Hi Robin! As Elizabeth said: I can't believe that all of your plants succeeded to find a place of their own in your greenhouse, it's so well done :D! I love the final result, your greenhouse is absolutely fantastic and wonderful work, Robin!
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Ilona

KT Miniatures said...

It is exquisite Robin. Am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. CeliaX

PILAR6373 said...

Robin,te ha quedado precioso,con todas esas plantas,dando color y vida a un espacio tan pequeño!Me gusta mucho,gran trabajo!!!
Besos.

Robin said...

Again I must thank you all for your continued interest and encouragement - glad we got there in the end and you all like it. Even my family (who've seen lots of my work over the years) are impressed!
Rx

minwks said...

Well done Robin, Great work on the brick wall and plant shelves. The Bird of Paradise reminds me of warmer climes at this time of year. Lovely post about the snow.
Regards Janine

Robin said...

Thanks Janine - my real Strelitzia is in flower...outside snow!

The Spennells Pensioner said...

The greenhouse and all it's contents look amazing Robin, you have a lot of skills and loads of patience, I'm very impressed mate.