Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Winding Up The Year

At last the Christmas tree is installed with baubles and lights, cards are arriving and the last few days have brought some special treats.

The very last rose looked beautiful dusted with sparkling frost

In my November 3rd blog I shared pictures of a little 1/24th scale Georgian family I had just completed, and a few days ago I was thrilled to receive super pictures of them outside their cottage - I love it when I'm lucky enough to see my characters in situ. Thank you so much Sally - and I love the robin on the porch and the Christmas wreath on the door! I understand the 'posh' cousins who were also pictured on the blog will be visiting shortly.....


Sharing my Nostalgia in Miniature Workshops hat with my great mate and partner Celia has been lots of fun and very rewarding, with two happy and successful workshops this year.  Thanks to all the lovely participants who attended; for your enthusiasm and great feedback and the super photographs of finished projects you have sent to us. We've just posted a couple of these on our blog - miniatureworkshops.blogspot.co.uk  - and also news and pictures of The Little Vintage Toyshop Workshop next year.

The Toyshop has been such joy to work on - although we love our gardens we also love vintage structures and tiny toys so it's been lovely to work in this area again.


We couldn't resist trying a few toys in the window - even though the back shelves had yet to be installed.

 We do a lot of research for all our projects and old books, catalogues and pictures are often as useful at the good old internet!! A vintage Jack-in-the-Box should fit in nicely.
The workshop is planned for a Saturday in June, although we can't confirm the date with the venue until early in January - we have a Reserve List if you'd like to be advised before Booking goes live just contact one of us. It is proving to be a popular project so it looks as if we may even run two workshops.

Now I just need to look for a special Christmas card for my next blog which will the last one of 2014.

Thank you for looking
Robin

3 comments:

elizabeth s said...

I think that the little family you made for the cottage, are already looking right at home. I have often wondered about some of the items that I have made and how they are enjoying their new dwellings, so it must be a real treat for you to see your little people settled in so nicely!
Love what I can see of the Toy Shop and the exterior color is so cheerful and welcoming that I certain that there will be many a child with their noses pressed to the glass as they gaze inside at your collection of tiny toys! :D
Wishing you a Season of much Joy and Laughter!

elizabeth:D

Vivian Fox said...

What lovely pictures. The family are superb and their cottage is so real.
All the best
Vivian

Robin said...

It is really special for makers to see where their little creations come to rest. Glad you like the little family - the cottage is just perfect for them!

The toyshop is such a joy to work on - hardly work at all!
I wish you both a lovely Christmas, Happiness and Peace in 2015
Rx