Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Exciting Collaboration!

I was really impressed to hear about the new Exhibition at The National Centre for Craft and Design at Sleaford, Lincolnshire,  which is on NOW and until 2nd June. So, if like me your interest in wonderful handcrafted work isn't limited to miniatures, and you are in the Sleaford area do go along and see this fabulous Synchronise Exhibition!

What's really special is the collaboration between artisans from quite different disciplines to produce stunning and innovative work. I know the work of Jayne Childs well - creating lace from her own designs for   JC Middlebrook -  she  makes Nottingham lace inspired textiles as jewelry, gifts and ornaments - perfect for 'today'!
 Jayne she has joined forces with the talented ceramicist Clare Gage to make decorative pieces on a scale neither has worked in before.  I think their work is fabulous!!


Clearly this isn't my field of expertise so I suggest you enjoy the photos from the exhibition, visit the websites and go along yourself if you possibly can.


AND.....If you live in the Buckinghamshire-Oxfordshire area, as I do, you'll know Waddesdon Manor.... the jewel in the National Trust crown....it's just up the road from Thame so I'm heading that way soon as Jayne's selection of Neck Lace, Lacelets and Brooches will be on sale in the prestigious and very tempting Gift shop.
  
Thank you for looking.
Robin

No comments: