Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

1/48th characters ...and Remembering....

This is really a quick reminder - it's that sort of weekend!

I hope you can see from this really quick reminder that if you're in the area, Haddenham Dolls House Exhibition and Fair on Saturday will be a lovely day!! I'm still wigging 1/48th characters, but there'll be some on my stand. Click on the picture of the flyer - you'll be able to read it then!!
As we are now focussing more on the smaller scales we are reducing prices on 1/12th character dolls and furniture at this fair only. We shall always be happy to take commissions in this scale for both dolls and furniture - but will carry less stock at future fairs.




The Poppy Field



I thought I'd share with you this old photograph, which I love. It was taken in the summer of 1942 in an ordinary poppy field outside a small English town. Developed and printed in a makeshift home dark-room, it was coloured by hand later.
Two young women take their little nephew to pick poppies. By the middle of WW2 the little boy's father had already died; the young woman with him knew her husband was missing - in fact he was a Prisoner of War.
It is a good time to remember the great personal loss of so many people through war and conflict, and those that suffered and continue to suffer.

Robin

4 comments:

Ascension said...

Espero que lo pases genial en esas clases.
Tus personajes son siempre fantasticos, me encantan sean la escala que sean.
besitos ascension

sandie said...

What a beautiful photo. It gives the appearance of peace but there is sadness that we aren't able to see. "Lest we forget"

Jennifer Rydell@Plushpussycat said...

Hello! I'm sorry it took me so long to find your blog, but I'm sure glad I finally did! :-)

Robin said...

Thank you all - I'm so glad you like the photo - I think it's very special. Welcome aboard Jennifer - love your blog!!
Rx