Sharing a love of Dolls House Miniatures - and making time for other creative crafts and the garden.

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Back in the Workshop

As I've mentioned before we've been having a clear up, and miniature items and supplies that are longer needed now that we've retired have been found new homes, or put to one side for 'another day'.
Buried in the workshop was the beginnings of the small greenhouse that my clever other half made many years ago.


It doesn't look very exciting at the moment, but there are doors somewhere which is something and I'm planning....
It also has a mirrored back which doesn't work for my ideas now - but I won't throw it away - you never know!


Last weekend a friend and I headed for Miniatura and I definitely had the greenhouse in mind so bought rather nice Victorian-style shelf supports and a simply gorgeous Begonia Rex from Jan, The Flower Lady to start me off.

+

That wasn't the limit of my spending and I'll take some pictures and show you another time. It was a lovely outing - such fun to have time to catch up with old friends and admire their wonderful work.  It was, I must say, made more exciting by news of the arrival of my friend Celia's new Grandson - much happiness all round.

My clever other half has in fact been back in the workshop restoring a full-size chair.  We love chairs...have restored lots...have toooooo many...and still can't resist them. We don't need ANY more.

Long story....short version....
Local pub is closing down and changing hands.......and chucking out 'stuff'.... old, old pub chair.


How can he resist????

And here it is. Isn't it lovely??
Needless to say it has swiftly found a new home with a member of the family.

Thank you for looking
Robin

3 comments:

elizabeth s said...

Your pub chair is definitely a Trash to Treasure story- What a transformation!!!
Love the begonia and the idea of a greenhouse is the perfect project for you as your real garden is now getting ready for bed.;D

minwks said...

Hi, Just had to add my admiration for your better half’s work on the pub chair. I do admire that he has the skills to restore the chair and then find homes for them. What a great hobby. When I saw the first photo I imagined the chair being thrown into the landfill or used as firewood but no, now it will continue for many years. I hope he wrote his name and year it was restored on the bottom.

On mini matters. It is a great inspiration to attend the miniature shows. It can be a bit traumatic on the wallet and when I get home I think “is that all I bought!”

Enjoy your minis.
Regards Janine

Robin said...

Thanks ladies, I'll tell him.Yep, he's a clever chap.
Rx